The annual Christmas Basket Fund grew to $3,890 on Monday with $1,875 in new donations over the past three days.
The donations are:
- In memory of James A. Byrns, $50, from Terry, Nancy and Lana Byrns
- $100, from the Lucas family reunion
- $500, Fraternal Order of Eagles Seymour Aerie No. 655 Inc.
- In loving memory of Mike Jordan, $100
- In memory of Mary Schleter, $50, from Don Schleter and family
- Merry Christmas, $20, from Marj and Scotty
- $20, anonymous
- Jesus loves you, $20, anonymous
- In memory of loved ones, $50, from Mr. and Mrs. Marvin Rumph
- In memory of D.R. and all departed veterans, $50, from Mike Ahlbrand
- In memory of Rick, John and Doris and Virgil and Alberta, $100, with much love, Linda, Teresa, Jennifer and Laura
- In memory of our daughter and our parents, $100, from Steve and Vicki Otto
- In memory of deceased members, $500, from Kiwanis Club of Seymour
- Donated as memorials to Jack Newkirk, $215, from family and friends
Donations may be mailed to or dropped off at American Legion Post 89, The Tribune or any JCB branch.
Requests for assistance will be accepted through Sunday. To receive one of the gift cards, people must live in Jackson County and submit a letter stating their need for assistance. Requests should be mailed to American Legion Basket Fund, P.O. Box 566, Seymour, IN 47274.
The 74-year-old project, sponsored by American Legion Post 89 in Seymour, The Tribune and JCB, provides $50 Jay C Food Stores gift cards for distribution to less-fortunate people in the area whose applications are approved.