Five American Red Cross blood drives have been planned in the Seymour and North Vernon areas.
The schedule includes:
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Walmart, 2380 N. State Road 3, North Vernon
- 2 to 7 p.m. Jan. 2, Rolling Hills Shrine Club, 3815 N. State Road 7, North Vernon
- 3 to 7 p.m. Jan. 3, St. Ambrose Catholic Church, 325 S. Chestnut St., Seymour
- 8 a.m. to noon Jan. 6, St. Paul Lutheran Church Borchers, 10792 N. County Road 210E, Seymour
- 2 to 7 p.m. Jan. 15, Immanuel Lutheran Church, 605 S. Walnut St., Seymour
Blood and platelet donors are needed to ensure blood is available for medical treatments and emergencies during the holidays.
Donations often decline during the holidays when many groups postpone blood drives, while regular donors are busy with holiday activities and travel. Severe winter weather also may cause blood drive cancellations.
Make an appointment to donate blood by downloading the free American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org or calling 800-733-2767.