Local volunteer firefighters put out a fire at an unoccupied home late Thursday night.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department received a call at 9:25 p.m. about a house fire at 11192 W. County Road 150S, Norman.
When officers arrived, the home was fully engulfed. The fire was put out by firefighters from Carr, Owen-Salt Creek and Driftwood townships.
Looking at the sheriff’s department report, Lt. Adam Nicholson said the house was unoccupied with no one living there. It’s owned by JRS Homes Inc. of Seymour and sits on 3.13 acres, according to the Jackson County GIS map.