A Tribune advertising designer has been named the state’s best.
Amanda Waltz earned the Indiana’s Top Advertising Designer award at the Hoosier State Press Association’s advertising awards event Friday night at The Nest Event Center in Greenwood.
The award was among 22 honors earned by The Tribune marketing team in the competition among all Indiana newspapers.
“We are very proud of the hard work and dedication our marketing representatives, designers and special publications team put into the advertisements and content for our local businesses," said Tracie Lane, The Tribune’s advertising director.
She said award-winning effective advertising layouts, along with quality content and readership, are the key to successful marketing and advertising.
The other awards earned by the Tribune’s marketing sales representatives and designers are:
- Julie Daiker and Sally Lawson in the Food and Beverage category for Hildreth’s Liquor Mart
- Daiker and Tracie Lane in the Garden, Yard and Farm category for Schneider Nursery
- Kassi Hattabaugh and McKenzie Nall in the Lifestyle and Recreation category for Girls Inc.
- Amanda Waltz and Lane in the Personal Care category for Project You
- Daiker and Nall in the Professional Services category for Paws-N-Klaws
- Tina Ray and Lawson in the Residential Services category for The Floor Store
- Jessica Dell and Nall in the Automotive Services category for Bob Poynter
- Paul Hoffman and staff in the Best Publication Cover category for the Never Forgotten special section
- Daiker and Lawson in the Churches and Nonprofits category for Jackson County Visitor Center
- Daiker and Crissy Riley in the Classified Advertising category for Ruler Foods Now Hiring
- Daiker and Nall in the Home category for Greemann’s Furniture
- Daiker and Nall in the ROP Series of Campaign for Tiemeiers Jewelry
- Daiker and Nall in the Care category for Lutheran Community Home
- Daiker and Lawson in the Special Topic Page category for the Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce
- Tina Ray in the Special Events category for USO
- Dell and Nall in the Think Outside the Box category for Bob Poynter Breast Cancer Awareness
- Dell in the Education category for Ivy Tech Community College
- Daiker and Lawson in the Entertainment and Restaurants category for the Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce
- Daiker and Nall in the Fashion category for Fitted Foot
- Daiker and Lawson in the Food Beverage category for Darlage Custom Meats
- Daiker in the Real Estate category for Schuler Bauer Real Estate Service "Peeps"
- Waltz and Lane in the Self-Promotion category for Outstanding High School Senior