The annual Christmas Basket Fund grew to $5,625 on Thursday with $2,125 in donations.
The newest donations are:
- $50, from anonymous
- In loving memory of my husband, Gus, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Keck, my parents, Mr. and Mrs. William Bergdoll, his brother, Bill, his sister, Wanda, brothers-in-law, Salas and Larry, and my sister, Avonda, $50, from Barbara Keck and family
- $500, from Fraternal Order of Eagles Seymour Aerie 655 Inc.
- Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, $250, from Theta Zeta chapter of Delta Theta Tau sorority
- $100, from the Lucas family reunion
- In memory of Don W. Myers Sr., $1,000, from your loving wife, Dana
- We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, $25, from Sean and Kristal Hubbard
- $50, from Roberta Speaker
- In memory of Ambrose Elsner, Ruth Elsner and Sue Warinner, $ 50, from anonymous
- In memory of Roy Runge, Lillie Runge and Bob Runge, $50, from anonymous
Donations may be mailed to or dropped off at American Legion Post 89, The Tribune or any JCB branch.
Need assistance and want to apply to receive a $50 Jay C Food Stores gift card? Jackson County residents should submit a letter stating their need for assistance and mail it to American Legion Basket Fund, P.O. Box 566, Seymour, IN 47274.
Donations of money and requests for assistance will be accepted through Dec. 15.