The annual Christmas Basket Fund grew to $4,908 with $650 in donations Thursday and Friday.
The newest donations are:
- In memory of Roy, Lillie and Bob Runge, $50
- In memory of Sue Warinner, Ruth and Ambrose Elsner, $50
- Merry Christmas, $100 from the Lucas family reunion
- In memory of our loved ones, Missy McKinnney, Mary Ellen and Wilford and other loved ones. We miss you, $25 from Judy McKinney and family
- In memory of our loved ones, $25 from Mary Hall and family
- In loving memory of our dear friend, Barb Wiethoff Guthrie, $100 from the Herd
- In memory of Harold Winkler, Pamela Pfeiffer and sons John and James, $50 from Rodger Winkler
- In memory of our parents and grandparents, $200 from Steve and Joann Lanam
- In memory of Robert Dirks, $50 from Jane Dirks
Now in its 72nd year, the project is sponsored by American Legion Post 89 in Seymour in partnership with Jay C Food Stores, JCB and The Tribune.
To receive one of the gift cards, people must live in Jackson County and must submit a letter stating their need for assistance. Requests should be mailed to American Legion Basket Fund, P.O. Box 566, Seymour, IN 47274. All requests must be received by Friday.
There is a limit of one gift card per person and one per address. Requests that list a post office box address will not be accepted.