Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus will recognize top students, faculty and staff members for academic achievement and excellence in teaching and service during the 2016-17 academic year.
They will be presented with awards during the university’s annual honors convocation at 6 p.m. April 12 at the Columbus Learning Center. The event will be followed by a reception for those recognized, their family members and guests and representatives from local businesses.
Local students to be recognized and the name of the award received include:
- Samantha Shell, Seymour, The Republic Outstanding Student in Marketing
- Jordan Jones, Seymour, Jerry E. Wheat Scholarship Award and 2016-17 Office of Student Research Grand Award
- Michael Foist, Seymour, Taylor Brothers Outstanding Student in Liberal Arts and 2016-17 Office of Student Research Grant Award
- Elizabeth Lynch, North Vernon, Outstanding Student in Calculus
- Meagan Ferguson, North Vernon, Outstanding Student in Psychology
- Jessica Caldwell, North Vernon, Undergraduate Service Leadership Award, Columbus Regional Health Outstanding Student in Science and 2016-17 Office of Student Research Grand Award
Lisa Siefker Bailey of Seymour also will receive the Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award.