The Jackson County Visitor Center board of directors presented the 2018 developmental grants during its May 16 meeting.
Grants were awarded to:
- The Greater Seymour Chamber of Commerce, $2,000 for the revitalization of the office’s front door.
- Freetown and Pershing Township Museum, $950 for the purchase of a fiberglass bison for the property.
- Fort Vallonia Days Committee in care of the Joe Jackson Hotel, $2,050 for the purchase of an HVAC system for the hotel.
- Seymour Main Street, $7,500 to finish purchasing benches for the downtown area.
- Seymour Parks and Recreation Department, $7,500 for additions and updates to the city pool and ball fields.
A total of $20,000 was awarded in developmental grants. Grant applications are due by April 1 each year and awarded no later than June 1.
Information: Call 812-524-1914 or visit the center at 100 N. Broadway St., Seymour