Fire damages home on South Walnut Street in Seymour

A fire sparked by an electrical panel issue Friday night caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to a home at 825 S. Walnut St. in Seymour.

No one was injured in the fire that also caused an estimated $15,000 damage in contents to the home owned by Marc and Christy Crane, according to a report from the Seymour Fire Department.

The fire, reported at 9:05 p.m., was contained to the basement but filled the home with smoke, according to that report.